Our production is very small, ranging from as little as 33 case to perhaps 200 or so cases a year if Mother nature is less moody. We have not increased that production and have no plans to. We have never made wine from any grapes outside of our region, the Texas Hill Country. Since 2011, our wines have been made exclusively from our 3 acre estate vineyard that carries the Texas Hill Country Appellation. That is where we are, and it is the place we want you to have a sense of when you taste the wines.
Of course it all depends on Mother nature but, each year, we try to make some of the following wines:
- Pétard Blanc: a dry white made from 100% estate grown Blanc du Bois, a hybrid grape that has Muscat in its parentage. Pétard Blanc is our proprietary name. Pétard is French for “firecracker,” but in the context of wine tasting, in French it means explosive on the palate. Named for its hallmark natural acidity, vintages have consistently shown citrus zest in the nose, almost oily, lots of minerality, an unctuous texture and a zippy backbone.
- Troubadour: a savory red wine. Beginning with the 2011 vintage, it has been made from 100% estate grown Black Spanish. Older vintages are available: 2005 (80% Merlot, 18% Malbec & 2% Cabernet Sauvignon); and 2008 (47% Merlot, 41% Malbec & 12% Cabernet Sauvignon).
- Aprés: a fortified, white dessert wine made from 100% estate grown Blanc du Bois. It is our answer to a good Muscat Beaumes de Venise from the Southern Rhone or perhaps a Muscat de Rivesaltes from the Languedoc-Rousillon region of France.
- Quinta La Cruz: a fortified, red dessert wine made from 100% estate grown Black Spanish. Quinta is Portuguese for “coming from a single farm or vineyard.” If you like Banyuls and vintage Port, this could be the beginning of a long friendship.
- Falstaff’s Sack: In 2010, we began making a fortified wine similar to Madeira. Named after Shakespeare’s notorious character Sir John Falstaff, Master of Wine Isabelle Legeron gave it a good mention in the second edition of her internationally distributed book on natural wine.
- Older Vintages/ Rare Bottlings: We have a very limited inventory of some older vintages and rare bottlings not mentioned here. For a complete list of wines available for online purchase, visit our online store (coming soon).