Five-Star Yelp Reviews
- " Everything about this place was great... the atmosphere, the owner & manager, the location and of course the wine...
I would go back in a heart beat! Oh and they have the BEST dessert wines! AMAZING! I had no plans on purchasing any wine but could not resist once I experienced it. If you are in the hill country GO visit."
~ Brittany M. College Station, TX
- " It’s one of the best jewels of the Texas Hill Country appellation worth visiting...
The only question when you’re done with your tasting is how many bottles of each you are going to take home. Whatever you decide, either drink them soon at your next wine get together or store them in a quality cellar."
~ Wine of the Moment
- " The wines are delicious, unique and carefully crafted. Rustic and intimate tasting room, built from local stone and wood harvested on the property. The owner/wine maker is very knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about his wines. We loved this place... Will definitely return."
~ Tina W. Dallas, TX
- " I am a very satisfied customer who felt the need to spread the word of this amazing gem... I could write a 10 page review on how spectacular it is...
They are unique, rustic and I can't reiterate how delightful they are... !!! The scenery/ hills that surround the winery are breath taking and are worth the trip alone. The staff members and owner were some of the friendliest people I have come across in the Canyon Lake area. Finally, ... they distribute to some of the best restaurants in Houston i.e.- Underbelly and Mockingbird Bistro..."
~ Scott K. Houston, TX
- "... Was it worth the drive? Yes, it was worth it... One, all of the wines are made from grapes grown in Texas, mostly in this region... Almost all of the wineries in this area import grapes from out of state. Two, the wines are natural which means they are unfiltered and there are no additives, most importantly no sulfites were added... The third reason is a result of the previous two: these wines are bold, complex and unique. I didn't love every one. But each was unforgettable... Five stars earned! It is such a treat to find a winery like this one in the Texas Hill Country. "
~Missy B. Austin, TX
Find Us on Yelp
La Cruz de Comal Press
2004 documentary exposing the impact of the globalization of major wine-producing regions
On Concocting "International Style" Wine
- Articles about "international style" wine (NOT our style):
- Articles & products for concocting or "fixing" wine (NOT what we do):